What's new in Magento 2.3.5Trending
While the world is stuck in Covid-19, there’s some good news for Magento warriors. To keep up with the continuity, Magento Community released Magento 2.3.5 on April 20, 2020.
Being one of the popular eCommerce platforms, Magento constantly improves its readiness to adapt to scalable and higher performance demands. If you want your eCommerce store to significantly increase the performance, then Magento 2.3.5 version is the right option for you.
With over 25+ security enhancements and 180 functional fixes, Magento Open Source 2.3.5 and Magento Commerce 2.3.5 comes out with the best option to choose for your eCommerce store.
In the early release, some issues were then reported by the community members, including Magento developers, agencies, and the Github community. A total of 46 of those issues are solved with the release of Magento 2.3.5.
To enhance the security of your eCommerce store and boost its performance with the latest features, the eCommerce technology experts recommend updating your Magento 2 store with the latest 2.3.5 version.
As a Magento enthusiast, you must be keen to know and learn about the latest Magento 2.3.5 new features and enhancements.
So let’s take a look at the major features of Magento 2.3.5:
Substantial Security Enhancements:
- With more than 25 security improvements Magento 2.3.5 will help to solve remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities.
- An HTTP response header, known as Content Security Policy, that browsers can use to improve the security of a web page is fulfilled.
- The session ID from URLs is removed, which earlier created a potential security threat with the exposure of the session_id URL.
- Elasticsearch 7.5 supported for catalog search engine for both Magento open-source and commerce.
- Payments integration methods like eWay, Authorize.net, CyberSource, and WorldPay have been deprecated in this release.
- With this release, deprecation of the integrations of eWay, Authorize.net, CyberSource, and WorldPay payment methods has been done.
- Signifyd Fraud Protection Code, which was the core feature in the earlier releases is no longer supported.
- In this release, Symfony components have been upgraded.
- In this release, the Zend framework has been deprecated. So to reflect the transitioning, dependencies that were on the Zend Framework are migrated to the Laminas project.
- In this release, there have been improvements to customer data section invalidation logic to boost the performance. This release proposes a unique way of invalidating all the customer-related data that avoids a known issue with local storage when invalidations of sections.xml are activated.
- Enhancement in the number of queries to Redis that are performed on each Magento request. Hence in this release, optimization, and enhancement is done in Redis’ performance.
- With this release, the PayPal Pro payment method will no longer require any access to the customers’ session that the default Chrome Same site Cookie does not permit.
- Integration of Magento Static builds and PHPStan code analysis has been done in this release that performs complicated static code analysis and checks for additional issues that were not previously detected by PHP CodeSniffer and PHP Mess Detector.
Merchant Tool Enhancements
New Design Experience with brand new UI
There has been an introduction of new designs with the release of Magento 2.3.5.
Especially for creating your eCommerce store classic and with the help of new designs the UI is appreciable where your store can get some rich attractive look and also the customer experience in your store will get improved.
Free Amazon Sales Channel extension
With this release, the module where connecting your Magento 2 store on Amazon is very effective and powerful where the Magento retailers can sell the products in the Amazon Marketplace.
This has made a very increasing demand in functionality and hence there is an advanced add-on to this by providing a dashboard for Amazon Sales Channel.
Other enhancements include...
- For cart verification and checkout, Bulk API is used.
- SourceDataProvider and StockDataProvider are improved with the introduction of new extension points in this release.
- Admin can view the allocated inventory sources from the Orders list.
- In this release, the developers can use queries like products and categoryList to retrieve data about products and categories that have been added to a staged campaign
PWA Studio 6.0.0 is all about new features and improvements to the existing features:
- PWA extensibility framework launched, which gives the ability to create an extensibility API for the store’s storefront.
- Improvements in cached logic and other data fetching optimizations in Venia UI component libraries and Peregrine.
- Improved cart experience in shopping cart components.
Google Shopping ads Channel has reached its end-of-life and hence its no longer supported.
Vendor developed extensions like Vertex, Yotpo, and Klana has been also improved by the al new release of Magento 2.3.5.
Commerce Specific Features of Magento 2.3.5
In this release, a new integration module is being introduced by Magento 2.3.5. This integration module is known as the Engagement cloud.
This new B2B integration module lets Magento B2B merchants support their B2B data in such a way that company data synchronization includes data such as customer type, company status, company, etc.
Sync of Shared catalog data turns additional product catalog data to dotdigital with its eloquent use in marketing campaigns and recommendations. The synchronization of Quote data is done as well.
Enhancements in importer performance and coupon resending is also applied in Magento 2.3.5.
For both layouts of existing pages and content, Page Builder has introduced templates that can be created from the existing content and applied to other new content areas.
To use videos for your store's background, Page Builder has introduced Rows, Banners, and Sliders. Plus, they have an option to set full-heights of their page.
Magento 2.3.5 has introduced new versions of content types without previous versions' backward-incompatible issues. That is, Magento 2.3.5 has an upgraded library of content types.
Significant enhancements have been introduced to B2B module in Magento 2.3.5 which is described as below:
Now, admin users can create a Shared Catalog when the Indexer Dimension Mode is set to the website.
In the previous release of Magento 2.3, for the search of phone number or gender, Magento logged an exception in the exception.log. But with this release, the admin can search without any error.
With this release, the admin can easily configure a downloadable product's link options when you are on the Admin View Quote page.
In the previous versions, there was an inability to place a quote, and an error message was displayed. With this release, admins can now place a quote order when paying with PayPal.
Wrapping it up…
Magento 2.3.5 is ready to make your eCommerce store boost until the next 2.3.6 release. So, the wait is over. If you want to avail of all these exciting features, boost your store's performance and make a security game level up, then upgrade to the latest Magento 2.3.5.